Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yesterday = AWFUL

Yesterday actually went alright, all things considered, but I am so exhausted from it that maybe it seems more awful than it was. It was my first day doing everything (EVERYTHING) completely by myself with no other interns or volunteers. I have already had about 4 days of me being the only intern which is actually fine as long as I get some company and help from volunteers, but without anyone....well it's doable, but it means no break for about 12 hours and no company. Actually Dara always comes down at around 12 or 1 now which is very nice and she also seemed to sense my distress (more at being alone all day than anything else) and asked a volunteer to come in for a few hours in the late after noon...so actually I lied, I wasn't completely alone all day...but still it was most of the day and the woman who came only did the seagull cages. Actually the woman was really nice and helpful (her name is Barbara) but she had a weird obsession with the gulls and kept talking baby-talk to them. Now generally I am all for talking to the animals, but it was still a little weird because these gulls (except Mary Jane) are not very cute..and in fact one of them is OBSCENELY loud all day. Maybe I will add a video of that later. Anyway that is my vent, but for the nexy few days I will have it easy and I also have Saturday off (woo!). More updates later on something cute!

No comments: