Friday, November 7, 2008

Car Boo-boo

Well I apologize but this will be yet another brief post that is not really animal related but I thought I would recount the story or my very first (minor don't worry!) car accident. It was last night literally as I was pulling out to come back to Connecticut at around 5pm on a raining gross evening. I had been obeying the RULES of the ROAD and had checked both ways before pulling out onto 62 off my street and (for those of you who know the area) someone came tearing around the corner from Middleton from the turn with no stop sign right next to my street. It happened ridiculously fast so I think I may have had a deer-in-the-headlights face on as she hit me, but she was both speeding and then hydroplaning so there was not a whole lot I could have done anyway. Luckily she didn't hit me very hard because she hit...basically ME since it was my driver side door and front wheel that took the brunt. But my airbag didn't even deploy so it wasn't all that hard an impact...just scary. Anyway, turns out it was a really belligerent 16 year old in her daddy's car who was more pissed about being late to the party she was going to than anything else...I was not amused. However, since I was all adrenaline-y and shaky I was really glad when EVERY NEIGHBOR IN THE 5 MILE AREA showed up (see video below of Dane Cook joke)...and to make a long story short the cops came and everyone was fine...but it was apparently my fault because I had been the one at a stop sign and it was thus my duty to see around corners and stop hydroplaning bitches with my...laser eyes I guess...Anyway, to end on a lighter note..the neighbors were EXACTLY like the below Dane Cook description of people and car accidents and here is the clip for those of you who don't know the skit:

Dane Cook Car Accident

That's all for now...more actual animal stories to come!

2 comments:

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you can write whatever you want.

I like knowing what's up with your life whether it be animals, Baba Yaga, or car accidents (though I hope you don't get another one of those).

sarahlucindaclark said...

I was thinking of that Dane Cook sketch when you were telling me about this! I'm glad that you are ok!