Thursday, November 13, 2008

Possums are Thirsty...and adorable

Alright, for a quick but upbeat post! Two things made my day slightly better at the end...

1. Dara told me that I was really good with Henry and the baby possum (see below) and that I should do them all the time and no one else if possible because it was obvious that they were most comfortable with me :) That made me feel less like total crap about the fact that I really am struggling to keep up the pace here...I'm just not a speedy person and I think (oh no!) I might be a lot like my mom in needing time to think and not liking the chaos that this job entails... Anyway

2. I am in LOVE with the below baby possum who is now a ME only animal. Her name is Delilah as of yesterday (when Dara told me her injuries aren't like threatening so I decided it was safe to name her). I knew she was a girl before Dara told me because she CLEARLY has pretty little eyelashes and is otherwise just the cutest thing I've ever seen :) Anyway, she is doing alright but Dara thinks she must have neurological damage because she isn't moving very much. She was attacked by a dog and has a head injury and her cheek was torn open but hopefully should heal...however if she does have neurological damage she might become another permanent resident :( She has to be hand-fed mushed up dog food and fruit flavored baby food 4 times a day while wrapped in a towel and is just the cutest thing I have ever seen when eating:

And here is me hand-feeding her (note her poor little torn up face):


AAAnd here is a bonus video of the other possums being cute and thirsty in the morning :)


Enough cute for now?

3 comments:

Meghan said...

i love that possum...can i have it? :)

kimmieb said...

"enough cute for now?"
not nearly enough cute! my life involves zero cute so i need mooooore! lol

Unknown said...

Okay, your little girl possum is adorable and that possum drinking video is tooooooooooo cute, lap, lap, lap, lap!!!!!
Hang in there, the work you are doing is great.