Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OMG TURKEYS

Just quickly I need to vent...THE TURKEYS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!! They follow me wherever I go and peck the bags and trays I'm carrying (not fearful of me AT ALL despite repeated mentions about Thanksgiving coming up on my part). They peck at the bars of whatever cage I am in. If I put anything down they RUN to it immediately and try to eat/drink/poop on/ or tip it over. But at least I can escape from them in the house...or CAN I?! This morning I woke up to an incessant tapping noise coming from (it sounded like) somewhere in the house. I got up and went into the kitchen where it was extra loud and finally looked up...the turkeys have found the skylights. One of them looked down and me, gave an excited gobble and started pecking the skylight with renewed vigor. For my birthday please get me some sort of anti-turkey devise please. Also seriously mom and dad if you are listening, could you find me a white-noise maker to help me sleep? I have been using a fan, but it's becoming more and more impractical since it's already below freezing at night. Oh wait, my parents are in JAMAICA right now...where it WARM and there are NO TURKEYS :( Well anyway, I am in need of a break and hopefully will get another day off soon. Oh, I have to be here for Thanksgiving :( which I am really bummed about because I haven't seen most of my family for like a year which is ridiculous, however, Thanksgiving is also Dara's (the wildlife clinic owner's) mother's birthday, so she asked me to work that day in exchange for Christmas which I WILL be home for thank God. Anyway, I will also be home the weekend after Thanksgiving/ my birthday and will supposedly have weekends off after that. I will probably be visiting home/NYC/Jersey/and maybe Philly on weekends because it is FREEZING here and seriously...the turkeys are making me lose it...like one is watching me write this right now..they are like gobbling voyeurs...anyway, that's all for now!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

If one of the turkeys mysteriously ends up in my oven on Thanksgiving, will you be upset?