Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today also = aweful.....ish

Well I thought I would be getting most of today off but I ended up shadowing the intern that came in for a bunch of things that she wanted me to change/make better. It was good because they are things I need to know and do, but it has put me back in the "oh my god, how am I going to do all these things and still eat and sleep?!" frame of mind...Aaaand now I'm off to do laundry for the clinic (and myself) and also do some shopping. Tomorrow I'm hoping to catch a break earlier and take a nap because I'm starting to get scary homeless-person looking circles under my eyes. OH and I totally forgot to post about WHAT made yesterday crappy (other than being really tired): I had never yet accidentally let a bird out of a cage and I let TWO out yesterday (luckily indoors and I caught them right away) and the other AWFUL thing that happened was that I went out to find check on the woodpecker who was being kept in an outdoor cage in the morning and found him on the ground MISSING A LEG which was a NEW DEVELOPMENT :( Turns out he had been perching on one of the mesh windows and a raccoon stuck its hands through and just tore his leg off...I KNOW, I thought raccoons were cute and loveable! but apparently they are often terrible like that. So needless to say a bit of a bummer and the bird later died, although I'm surprised he even lasted the night after having a limb ripped off. Ok, cute post next! Promise!

p.s. last bit of complaining I promise, but my hands are slowly turning into leather gloves...leather gloves that are being slowly gnawed to bits by daily mishaps with doors, talons, beek, and knives....hmm picture? I think so

Ooooo we'll make it a game...like where's waldo? wheres the mishap?
Can you find:
A. The mishap with the knife
B. The mishap with the screen door
C. soot from the pellet stove still there from last night...oops
D. The incident with the angry saw-whet owl
E. Old scar from where my rabbit scratched me

If you find all 5 you win....buying me hand lotion..congrats!

2 comments:

sarahlucindaclark said...

don't worry, homeless bums are HOTT!! (that's right, with two tees!)

I'll send you love in a box soon.

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

Imma say the scrape at the far right of the picture is from the owl and the one on your middle finger is from the knife. Other than that...umm...we need to put you in a bubble.