Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today I am 23

Thank you everyone who said happy birthday :) I feel quite loved. Today was actually a pretty good birthday. When I came downstairs in the morning Dara was up (she usually sleeps during most of the day because she does all the veterinary work at night) and had put out a present for me!! I know! I have only known them like a month but they were some nice gifts :) and the card was a picture of me and Henry which was really cute. My favorite gift by FAR was the alarm clock she got me with white noise!! (Sorry mom! I hope you didn't get me one!) She said she had had it for herself but hadn't used it and it is AWESOME because it has like a thousand other noises which have been amusing me for minutes now. Here are the sound options (because you are dying to know): ocean surf, north woods, thunderstorm, white noise, night train, spring rain, island surf, bonfire, stream, hidden cove, wind, asian garden (lol?), song birds, harbor swell, bamboo chimes, summer night, cooling fan, rain forest, jet lag, voice memo.

LOL most of those are the same thing and at least half of them will make me have to pee if I use them. Also JUST NOW as I was posting this Dara and Willow came up with a MINI CAKE and sang to me!!!! They are so awesome! So my day was really nice despite not being home.

Anyway I would like to use this post to ask something of everyone reading this that I have been meaning to. I know Christmas is still a little way off but if any of you were thinking of getting me something I was thinking that instead you could make a donation to Wildlife in Crisis as my gift. These people are doing a really great thing here and often the money comes out of their own pockets so I would love it if I could help out as my Christmas present :) Anyway, I'll post more cute stuff later!

2 comments:

sarahlucindaclark said...

i hate when you post right after being on the phone with me. boring!

Mary Beth Brauer said...

Yes, I had ordered a white noise machine, but it can be returned for something else. Love you, Mom