Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the Post Before Christmas

So one last quick post before I go home for Christmas tomorrow for a few days. I am going to be busy so I doubt I will be posting for a little bit (more on why in a minute). Anyway, this week has gone pretty well, although it will be a 6 day work week instead of 5, but I had some good help from volunteers over the weekend. Anyway, here are some fun stories/videos:

- A squirrel jumped on my face. No seriously. I was cleaning his cage and accidentally hit the box he was hiding in from me and he lept out of the box and to the ceiling of the cage...and then onto my face...Let me explain that this is a neurologically challenged squirrel with motor issues, one major one being that when frightened he has little to no control over the direction he goes. Luckily his next leap landed him back in the cage and my face was no worse for the experience I guess. (There you go Stephie).

- The cold has been HORRIBLE. We have had to bring animals inside who were getting hypothermia including my favorite little club footed hawk. I need to post a picture or video of him soon, he is adorable. Yesterday was actually dangerously cold and I had forgotten gloves at one point when outside and my hand was a little wet from washing dishes and it was freezing to every metal door handle I touched. Fun.

- Happy Holidays to everyone! Here are some more videos, my gift to you all....since I am currently at an unpaid internship...Merry Christmahannukwanzaka!

Ternie and Mary Jane Racing for Meal Worms:


Stevie Dancing in a poorly lit video:



A screech owl...blinking (but it's still cute):


4 comments:

Mary Beth Brauer said...

See you tomorrow....Drive carefully

vickierice said...

LOVE the animal videos! Thanks for making and posting them.

Stacy said...

Umm...you have to touch WORMS???? I would quit like immediately. Also, those are some intense birds.

Merry Christmas!!

sarahlucindaclark said...

i saw the "stevie dancing" tag before I looked at the picture/ video and was expecting Uncle Stevie.