Thursday, December 18, 2008

The 12 Days of Injured Wildlife

Hi, sorry it has been a while. I had the weekend off and then today and yesterday as well for jury duty which ended up being canceled (yaaay, apologies to my sense of civic duty). Anyway, the weekend was quite fun, Meghan had a super hero costume themed birthday to which I went as super safari girl. I had wanted to go as swimming safety girl with inflatable swimmies on my arms, and a blow up duck pool toy around my waste, and flippers but the swimmies and the duck toy in no way fit on me, so I went with plan B. It was a good time and I got to socialize with people rather than animals for a while which was nice. Today and yesterday I spent pretty much the entire day running around getting Christmas presents for people and decorating the tree with my mom so I am all Holiday's out right now. Anyway, here are a few amusing stories for my anxious readers:

1. Embarassing/awesome moment: At the clinic last week a wonderfully flamboyant gay man traipsed in and handed my a tiny injured flying squirrel which made my day. However, as he was walking out he said "By the way you have a nice singing voice". I was confused until I realized that when he had come in I had been in the back room singing Rufus Wainwright's "Instant Pleasure" loudly to myself which could apparently be heard through the door. For those of you who know the song you will know why this was doubly embarrasing...

2. From what I recall of the party I am pretty sure I received a foot rub, a lesson in salsa dancing, and some sort of mild head injury.

3. Time for another animal bio! Actually I will quickly run through some of the small birds that live inside the clinic because there are A LOT of them...and I will do it festively I just decided...
One the Twelfth day of Christmas my Wildlife Clinic gave to meeeee.....

A snipe with a wing injury














Crow with some issues















Really Angry bluebird















Noisy/Ugly baby pigeon















Cautious little heron















Pissed off looking hawk















A TINYYYY GOLDEN FIIIINCH















Deer with messed up legs















3 annoying waterfowl















2 obnoxious turkeys




















And a blind bluejay with an attitude!

1 comment:

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

Hehe...

I should do a twelve days of teaching english in shanghai and we can be buddies.