Monday, March 30, 2009

Lies!

So I said I would post over the weekend and I didn't, however, I have some good excuses. 1. I was busy having fun with Meghan and Sarah and then later busy dealing with health insurance, UVM, and filling out stuff for my summer job. 2. I am having issues loading pictures for some reason, aaaand 3. I'm lazy! Here is a brief review of my life in recent weeks. I will post more later! Maybe!

1. Last weekend was AWESOME with Mary and Laura and Russ (and Delilah, Laura's sassy guinea pig). We went to Reading Terminal Market, South Street, got lost a while, and coolest of all; Eastern State Penitentiary!! Here are a few pictures of how cool and spooky it was:
The tour was good and very interesting, but since it was 2 in the afternoon, not very scary. Also you may notice the last picture is actually of Laura and Mary and me wearing silly hats. I also had a ridiculous time attempting to be on time to a movie with John (friend met through Casey like 3 years ago) and then again the next day. The first time I was late was due to my inability to read my GPS, and the second time was due to Russ forgetting he had set his GPS to pedestrian (um why does it say we will arrive in 10 hours?). Soooo I blame all tardiness on technology. Anyway, on to my only other major news:

2. I CAN GO TO UVM!!! Yay, it's official! I just got word that I am all set with a Teachers Assistantship and a Research Assistanship which should cover me. So now I have a summer job and I'm going into graduate school.....now the part where I need to freak out and get a ton of shit organized and done...but still yaaaaay!

Last bit of news: My last day is officially (it's in the calendar! In pen!) May 8th. I am staying an extra week to have some more time training the new girl who is coming the very end of April. Anyway, after that I will be heading to Philly for a few days to see my Laura again (Mary you are invited, if you see this please make contact with the outside world when you get a chance). And on my way back I was planning on seeing anyone else who wants to see me before I disappear into Vermont. OH ALSO OMG WTF BBQ. This summer in Maine, all my Drew people (and Meg and Sarah) are invited to my cabin for a crazzzzy weekend. If you are reading this and you are from Drew, this means you!!

OH ALSO ALSO, we found out that Eastern State Penitentiary will let in groups of people at night to do ghost hunts/investigations, which is so cool! So if you enjoy ghosties, let me know and maybe we can set something up sometime. We are thinking a group of around 15 to 20, because otherwise it would be prohibitively expensive...BUT SO COOL. Anyway, that's it for now.

6 comments:

Megg13 said...

haha i enjoy your hat picture quite a lot :) it reminds me of our scarf picture haha

sarahlucindaclark said...

i really hope that the thing you already got me for my birthday is one of those hats

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

If I am in the country this summer then yes to Maine and creepy prison tours.

Congrats (again) on UVM!

And come to Japaaaaaaaaan with me.

Cori said...

I WANNNAAAAAA

kj said...

yayyyy uvm!

yayyyy bbq in maine! i've not far to go :)

Payola said...

CONGRATS!!!! Miss you! :)