Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Day: by Cori Brauer Age 23

So tonight I am driving down to Philly with Mary to visit Laura and I am super excited. I woke up this morning thinking "ok, today will be a nice easy day. Marissa is coming to help out and she is an awesome volunteer, we have 2 fewer animals than yesterday, etc, just have to stay conscious until I get to Philadelphia". Anyway, the morning was indeed very easy. I successfully convinced a veterinary clinic we work with to treat a goose with lead poisoning instead of handing it over to us (it would have to have its blood chelated to remove the lead which is rather expensive). theeen someone called in and brought us a possum in rough shape that looked like a car had run over it's tail....then right after than a woman I had never met basically ran in and handed me a goose without working legs. It turned out to be a woman who I have spoken with over the phone who awesomely takes all our pigeons and doves and ducks....but in return aparently we sometimes get surprise geese. The goose is nice anyway. Just kind of took the situation in stride and then daintily started sipping water and went to sleep. Anyway, I'm sure I will post next week about my crazy weekend in Philly seeing ghosts and Naaaarnia. That will make more sense when I explain where we are going...which I will....next week.....ooooo a cliffhanger! Stay tuned folks! Also here is a series of pictures I don't think I ever posted of Sarah being slowly covered in blankets when she and Meghan came to visit:


THE END

3 comments:

sarahlucindaclark said...

i love surprise geese!

and
BEST
series of pictures ever! I love your faces in the last two once you realized what was going on :)

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

Those pictures rock.

Also, damn you and your cliffhangers!

I demand instant satisfaction!

Megg13 said...

hahahaha i miss you guys sooo much...we are pretty awesome when we're together :)