Tuesday, March 24, 2009

UVM why do you tease me so?

So I will do a longer post about last weekends wonderful adventures next weekend when I have some time. Right now though, I will briefly tell you why I am currently not a happy camper. I got a cryptic email on monday from a woman at UVM telling me to call her ASAP. Thinking to myself "haha, they are going to be like, JK, you didn't actually get in!" Which would be funny if it weren't close to what happened. I finally reached the woman who had left her office, but very nicely gave me her home number. I called and said it was Cori and the woman on the other end answere "YAAAAY!" which was a bit of a surprise. She informed me that she has been feeling aweful about this and apparently it woke her up thinking about it at 3am last night, but that they may have "jumped the gun" on letting me know I was admitted. Apparently they really want me in the program (she stressed this part which was nice but did not make up for the next part) however, because Dr. Donovan (my prospective adviser) is technically working for Vermont Fish and Wildlife, her students have to have 100% funding for her to take them. So far they have only been able to piece together a TAship and one other thing for me which will not completely cover me. There are other things in the works and that is not to say I WON'T get 100% funding, but just that they don't actually know for sure yet....bbbuut I was accepted!......WHAT?! So anyway, now I have to wait and see how everything plays out before I can do my little happy dance. I'll give you details as I know them, but in the mean time this calls for some serious turkey taunting:


3 comments:

sarahlucindaclark said...

This comment is going to make me look stupid either way (those somehow still deluding themselves into believing I'm intelligent look away).

Don't turkeys fly? (I mean, I know they don't fly well or for any distance ... but they can fly right?)

If not how did they get on the roof? If so why couldn't he just fly across the small chasm?

Cori said...

lol yes they can fly, hence the roof-ness. But they have a bad sense of like...how to get to things? I was on the porch sticking my foot between the slat and he would have had nowhere to land where my foot was. Thinking it out to the point where he would have flown UP to the railing and DOWN to my foot is very much beyond him. I know this because I can escape them by going up the stairs if they are walking beside me...because they continue to keep walking past the stairsand get confused as to how I have floated up above them....wow this could have been a lot shorter...they are dumb!

kj said...

i can give you a dollar, does that help your funding?