Thursday, March 5, 2009

In Like a Lion and Out Like Your Face

Freakin March can go suck a lemon. It was freezing all week, however, it will be like 60 this weekend...when I am not working. I'm so ready for spring,,

Buuut my break is almost over, sooo here is my current news in list form PLUS A FUN BONUS AT THE END!

1. I went home for the weekend and accomplished utterly nothing. Sunday I slept until like 10, went to breakfast with my parents, napped until 3, and then drove to Meghan's with a pint of Ben and Jerry's...and then ate all of it while watching Buffy the Vampire episodes with her. A weekend well spent. ALSO, I love that Sarah, Meghan, and I all wanted to go to the movies, and the next day ALL decided we were too lazy to leave our respective houses. lol.

2. I just discovered a new band called The Weepies. They are the first song in the new player on this page. They are like Guster with a girl backup singer and like...more...tired? Their CD case is of an adorable cartoon whale. I heard them on imeem and 10 minutes later bought 2 of their CDs on amazon....mom I owe you 25 bucks... :)

3. The animals are doing pretty well...except for the vulture...who died :( I was really bummed because he was such a gentle, shy little guy. This weekend my parents are coming to release a hawk and I'm SO excited. I haven't seen any releases yet so I'm glad to get to see the point of this whole thing. Henry is doing well. He has a fun new shaved butt-haircut so he won't pee on himself as much. I also may or may not have fed him a munchkin the other day and his eyes may or may not have POPPED OUT OF HIS HEAD IN DELIGHT. Great, my deer is addicted to the same things I am. But now we share cookies and donuts which is just almost too cute to stand. He still needs legs, if anyone has an extra set lying around.

4. CONGRATS you have reached the BONUS:

Some cute pictures!

Bonnie the humming bird: Adorable, likes to fall off her perch and squeak as loud as she can to get my attention to feed her (her loudest squeak is about whisper volume...). Note the tiniest of feets.
A resident hawk, possibly named Freedom or Liberty or something else patriotic.
One of our 8 bluebirds...SO MANY BLUEBIRDS: Favorite passtime...being cute and shitting on me when I'm in the cage.

THE END

6 comments:

sarahlucindaclark said...

"too cute to stand" hahahahahaha cuz he can't stand... because he is a legless deer... possibly I think that is funnier than is morally acceptable...

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

I am enjoying your pictures.

And the music in your blogy music player thing.

And your wit.

Megg13 said...

um hi...last weekend was filled with amazingness...especially making a drinking game out of brain quest! Henry is you...in deer form...except you have legs...but you ARE short...soooo you're the same...miss ya pretty face! :)

Cori said...

SARAH! I totally did NOT mean that! And thanks stephie, and Meghan, that was the least sensical thing I have ever heard...

Megg13 said...

haha but you love me anyway!! :)

Unknown said...

i like the hummingbird's name. :-D sounds like a really cool internship.