Monday, February 23, 2009

Well a few quick updates for my adoring fans:

1. Chocolate party=AWESOME but exhausting and resulted in an entire day of...I'm going to call it chocolate de-tox. Also, Peter is back from Belgium and as I walked in the door coming back he handed me Belgium chocolate and I almost cried. At any other time I would have been delighted...and yet...I will still eat it...

2. Dara's flight coming back was also delayed for FOUR hours while they circled due to bad weather and played clips from the news...which was all about the recent plane crashes...lol good job.

3. Last week the neurologically challenged blue jay started singing for the first time ever. He sounded like he was immitating a combination of the finch and the puppy when she is whimpering/barking upstairs. To volunteer Melissa I said "awww, maybe he is getting better...oooor maybe it is his last hurrah...haha". The next day I found him stone cold dead in his cage...way to go me for my depressing prediction.

4. Today the weather was nice, however as I was walking out the door loaded down with trays of various breakable and scatterable things I did a face plant on the black ice. I then said some choice words which shocked the nearbye turkeys...but not enough to keep them from racing over and eating everything I dropped (edible or not). My favorite hawk also died over the weekend apparently :( I was really bummed...and also then bruised...and so I did what anyone would do and I sat in my deers cage and let him give me kisses til I felt better. Comfort is a universal language.

5. I have had the songs from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog stuck in my head ALL DAY.

6. My nemesis is reality

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Re: the link to the rapping puppet

WHAT IS THAT????????

Cori said...

lol it's from the extras on the Dr. Horrible DVD, he is another applicant for the Evil League of Evil. Meghan and I almost died laughing at it.