Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MYSTERY!

So for 2 days I thought something had eaten the turkeys because they didn't show up to harass me...and I almost, ALMOST missed them...and then they returned. And in celebration of their return they woke me up a few minutes before my alarm went off by pecking on my sky light and then as I walked out the door, one bit my ass. Awesome, I missed you too guys. Anyway, not a whole lot is going on at the moment. I had my job interview to work at a nature camp and it went pretty well I think. Also, all my stuff is officially in to UVM for my application, so yaaay. I am kind of jealous of my friends in grad school right now. I will admit to my dork-i-tude and say that I really enjoy school. Also I enjoy school more than shoveling poo. Anyway, about 2 more months of this and then I am done. One up side (other than the cool experiences with animals which I really DO appreciate) is that this has definitely gotten me in shape. However, I do not recommend it as an exercise program; I am cronichally tired, stressed, and I smell of Henry pee pretty much all the time. Hot. OH, also I forgot to mention that Dara took a short vacation this past week so it was pretty much just me running the show. Luckily nothing catastrophic happened, although I shouldn't say that since she is actually still not back (she comes back tonight at around 10) and I still have plenty of time to accidentally burn the place down or release all the animals. Oh ALSO, Peter just left for his short trip to Belgium tonight and currently I am in the span of time after him leaving and before her arriving...so I am REALLY running the show. Luckily nothing should be in dire need of attention at this time of night...but it's dark up here :( Anyway, my mac and cheese is getting cold, so I'm off!

1 comment:

kj said...

there were thirteen turkeys in a line across the road when i was driving to a swim meet this morning...

i thought of you.

<3