Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One time I almost brought home a possum....

So I was GOING to write this awesome post making people guess which animal I had been talked into bringing home after my internship...but it turns out I will not be bringing anyone home : ( Partially because it really wouldn't be a great idea since I don't know where I'm going to be in the next few years....and also partially under threat of eviction from my parents...hmph. Well anyway, I was going to take Delilah, my little semi-paralyzed possum. She really would not have needed much care...and she couldn't like...you know...run away or anything. However, she is probably going to be taken by a fellow rehabber volunteer which makes much more sense. I'll miss her though. Although Henry still needs a home....just kidding mom and dad (OR AM I?!). On a serious note though, I do worry about what is going to happen with him. The other day Dara was telling someone about how he has bonded to me. She said his eyes follow me around the room wherever I go and he is calm when I am around (as opposed to on weekends when he apparently freaks out a lot)...So I am officially mommy to the saddest creature on earth...wonderful. I hope the next volunteer can bond with him but Dara seemed to doubt it since he will already be a full adult. OH and cute story; whenever I'm in his cage cleaning up whatever ridiculous mess he has made he licks my face and unties my apron strings by chewing on them. Adorable. He is getting a lot more skittish though, which I imagine must be horrifically frustrating for him, since a deer's instinct is to run, and all he can usually manage is a pathetic hobble/crash...Anyway, back to the ol' grindstone...or...poop stone...as it were...

p.s. Happy Birthday Laura!

P.P.S. But in more upbeat news, here is the moped I really want to get if I get into UVM!

http://www.tomosscooter.com/Streetmate.html

That is...when I have some money...hm..I can dream though can't I? Should I go for the METALIC SILVER? the BAD BLACK? Or the METALIC COPPER? Based on alliteration alone, I might go with the bad black...

4 comments:

Mary Beth Brauer said...

I guess we can take down the ROOM FOR RENT sign now. MOMMY Dearest

Cori said...

whatEVER Ma! P.S. if you hear what sounds like deer with no legs coming from my closet after I come home...just ignore it, it's nothing...

kj said...

if youre gonna be home you should keep goinggg and come to maine :)

and you should get the orange one or the black one. and you should actually get both, and just give one to me.

awesome :)

sarahlucindaclark said...

is it bad that I red your blog before my work email when I get to work in the morning?

P.S. It is a well known fact that giving cookies makes someone love you. You had no chance with Henry once you started feeding him Mama Dalton cookies :)