Monday, January 12, 2009

Halfway...ish

So it's about halfway through my internship and I have to admit, I'm pretty tired...and pretty ready to go home. I'm in the middle of applying to UVM and thinking about what I'm going to do this summer and...you know...for the rest of my life, so my mind is a bit elsewhere as I'm shoveling shit these days (David if you are reading this, please change the word in the last sentence to BLEEP!) Anyway, not a lot has happened at the clinic. We got a new mouse and two new flying squirrels but they are Dara only because they are bitey and tend to get away easily. I am currently waiting for a new gull to come in and hoping that the guy bringing it isn't actually out there right now stuck halfway up the driveway. Our driveway (for those who have not seen it) is basically a cliffside with some pavement on it at about a 90 degree angle. It makes my Toyota Yaris cry. Anyway, fun things:

This past week Emily came down on Thursday night and helped me out with the animals on Friday which was very nice of her :) It was fun having a friend here to work with and, as always, awesome to have some help with shoveling of the BLEEP. We also got to be huge dorks and finish watching Life of Birds which we never did finish when we sneakily borrowed it from the Drew library under the guise of needing it for Dr. Fox (scandal!) We then of course wrote her seperate emails blaming the other one for it. Oh, the good old days...Anyway, Meghan then drove down on Friday night and I forced them both to watch anime which EMILY ADMITED SHE ENJOYED A LITTLE SO HAH! and then watched Friends to make them happy again. Saturday we all drove down to Jersey to see Jacob and Stacy and went to the movies. We saw Benjamin Button which was pretty good, although not as earth shattering as I thought it would be. However, it was fun to watch Brad Pitt morphing backwards through how he will look and how he used to look. My favorite part was the lighting guy (who Meghan decided was me) and the musical old ladies (both of whom I decided were Meghan). Anyway, then we hung out for a bit and stayed up WAY past my bedtime. Jacob, Meghan and I had girl talk time since Stacy and Emily were sharing the actual bed, so it was just us gals in the living room. At one point I woke up and Jacob was sleeping in a very artistic position...which I might have to draw on his facebook wall now that I think of it...anyway. Sunday, Meg and I came back here and watched Friends all day and then dug her car out of the snow. I'm excited to see her and Sarah this coming weekend. I miss Drew where I saw people pretty much all day every day, and ate dinner in the commons for like an hour and a half because there were so many of us telling so many random pointless stories. Oh well. The next few weeks will be busy with various visitors and then STEPHIE COMING HOME FROM CHINA!! There will definitely be a post about my attempt to find her at JFK...Aaaaand for my finale here is a video of raccoons destroying some stuff:

Appologies to my dad who gets motion sickness. My video taking skills are apparently lacking...

3 comments:

Megg13 said...

you left out the part about how you SLEPT ON MY BACK!!!! that was not fun :( but it did remind me of the time i rolled over when we were at my house at yelled at you to get away from me :)

Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

Unknown said...

its the blair witch!!

Mary Beth Brauer said...

I was going to say exactly what Casey said. MOM