Friday, January 16, 2009

A gross story sandwiched between 2 cute stories:

So I have a gross story to tell. No seriously. REALLY GROSS. Like....if you don't like gross things, skip story 2 and just read the cute stuff. You have been warned.
Ok so take a seat, it's Cori Story time:

1. This is actually more of a hilarious dialogue. We have intercoms so I can reach Dara from the clinic and from my apartment, which occasionally will be commandeered by Willow for ridiculous reasons. For example -

(Intercom buzzy noise randomly as I'm working in the clinic) then -
Willow:......MAAAAAA?
Dara from somewhere else in the house other than the clinic: Willow get OFF the intercom!!!
Willow:....but MAAAAAA it's IMPORTAAAAANT!!
Dara: WILLOW GET OFF NOW!
Willow: MAAAAAA
Dara: Fine, what?!
Willow:........
Dara: Oh my God, Willow what?!
Willow: Have you seen my sparkle pen?
(Sounds of Dara walking around the house in search of Willow)
(sounds of Willow quickly walking away from the sound of the sounds of Dara walking)

HILARIOUS. I love that kid.

2. Seriously do NOT read this if you are easily gross out...but now you will...cause you're curious...come on you know you are going to, just read it:

So there is a possum here that has been dubbed the Gross Possum because she is very very gross. She is also pretty pathetic :( She was hit by a car and is quite old, and due to one or the other of those things she is blind, neurologically challenged, and a little narcoleptic (hilarious but pathetic). Anyway, she is gross because she walks in her food and poop and then walks in circles and wipes it all over her face and everything else in her cage...she also wips her tail around when you take her out to bathe her and it is covered in poop so soon YOU are covered in poop. This is, unfortunately, not the grossest part. She also has worms. A few weeks ago they started appearing in her cage. They are round worms and they are QUITE LARGE. Probably an average of an inch long. This has been going for a few weeks as we are worming her with Panacure aaaaand a few days ago Dara says, "you know...they are awefully pink...and never covered in poop" and I was like...."yyeaaaah" and she was like "I think they might actually be lung worms that he is coughing up" and I was like "nooooooo! :(" and that is indeed what they are. He coughs up like 10 a days and they come in all sizes and are the GROSSEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEEEEEEEN. Anyway, now that's off my chest....here's another cute story!!

3. The baby pigeon is now ADORABLE and flies around the room and lands on my head and shoulder. He also adorably grooms my hair and ears. Also also, he has hit puberty! In like a single day he stopped cheaping and now makes this awkward lower sound almost like the adult make pigeon we have. It's SO FUNNY. He sounds just like a kid whose voice has just changed....aaaand he is leaving this weekend. I am really tempted to ask to keep him because he is just so funny and so easy to take care of...Mom...if you are reading this...ignore the previous :)

Anyway here is a photo comparison of my little-man pigeon from pre and post cute:


6 comments:

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

So here I was worried about grossing people out when I wrote about eating snake and playing with the leftover spinal chord.


And you go post a story like THAT. UGH.

Mary Beth Brauer said...

Re: Pigeon...don't even think about it....Do you know I read in Down East that seagulls can live up to 30 years....does Dara know that? MOM

Mary Beth Brauer said...

Also...I read that deer can get lungworm (when I went online to see what the charming critters look like). So keep the possum away from Henry!!!!! MOM

Stacy said...

Haha you better not mess with Mama Brauer, Cori. Although that pigeon is 14...it'll do what he wants.

Also, UMMMM THAT STORY IS SO GROSS.

kimmieb said...

wow, who knew pigeons could be cute...
those city pigeons give them a bad reputation :P

kimmieb said...

wow, who knew pigeons could be cute...
those city pigeons give them a bad reputation :P