Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BABIES and Daphne is a boy...

So when it rains it pours and we got a baby great horned owl and a littler of 4 baby bunnies this week...although during peak baby season I hear there is a line out the door of people with babies every day. Anyway, if you didn't know, baby great horned owls look like muppets and like if you pushed them just a very little bit they would fall over:His name is Oscar I decided today. Aaaaaand here are baby bunnies so cute that it hurts:


I was thinking Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter (or is that too cliche?). Plus I think that's just tempting the fates for one to kick the bucket and thus leave an incomplete set, and I don't really want to have to tell people that Peter Rabbit died....Anyway, in other news: Daphne is a boy! I had a sneaking suspicion and I guess Dara must have rushed when we got him in. Melissa (another awesome volunteer and ex-intern) had come by to bring Delilah for babysitting while she is on vacation and she was holding "Daphne" while I was on the phone. I was on the phone forever with a woman asking if it was normal for deer to lie down sometimes (it is indeed) and Melissa wrote something on a post-it and put it in front of me. Thinking it would say something like "Sorry I gotta go, bye!" I read it. It said "Daphne has a penis". I then laughed accidentally to the annoyance of the woman on the phone. Anyway, Dara double checked and the fox is indeed a boy and thus in need of a new name. Any suggestions? Marissa has suggested Alphie along with the idea that the babies be named alphabetically as they arrive which I like...although I just wrecked it with Oscar....hm. Anyway, leave suggestions and also watch this video of "Daphne" being horrifically cute.

3 comments:

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

If you wanna go alphabetical I would say call him Andrew or Amos.

If you wanna go alliteration you could go with Kenny the Kit or Fred the Fox.

Ooo...or Michael. As in Michael J. Fox.

Kitsune is Japanese for fox.

Copper was the name of the fox in the Fox and the Hound.

Reynard was a famous trickster fox in Medieval culture.

Does that help?

Megg13 said...

that is the ugliest baby owl i have ever seen haha

completely a muppet...oscar fits haha

Unknown said...

I don't know about Alfie. It's reminds me too much of Alf. Not cute.
Also, it sounds like Alpha, which may give him a complex if he doesn't have a pack to lead. You know, cause he'd spend a lot of time thinking about his name, just like people.

PS Give him to meeeeee.