Saturday, October 25, 2008

So I am finally actually physically in Connecticut! yyyay. Although mentally I don't think I have really realized that this will in fact be my new home for 6ish month. But first, a story (of course):

SO we (my parents who follow me everywhere and myself) decided to leave this morning at around 9ish. Shockingly we were in fact on time for this plan until my mom looked at my front tire and said uuuuh that looks a little low. For those of you who were with my last night, that would be because I ran over the median a lil' bit and got myself a slow leak. Those of you who were with me will also recall me saying hmmm my tire sounds funny, but then not actually getting out to check. POOR CHOICE. Anyway, we then had to jack up my car and put on the spare (by we I mean my dad while I watched and commented) and then had to drive it to a place to GET a new tire because I then had to drive it a few hundred miles to Connecticut which you aren't supposed to do on a spare apparently. Anyway long story shortish we got a new tire from a guy named Scottie in a really random little tire place in North Reading and then went on our merry way only about 2 hours later than we had hoped. Anyway, on to Connecticut:

So here I am in Connecticut and it is raining like I should be calling up Noah to give me a hand with the arc, and also it is quite dark because we are in the woods and no lights are on outside...but I am actually enjoying it already :) It's very quiet and almost tree-housy in the apartment (which is very nice and has a TV and internet and every possible dish, pan, or pot you could ever need. Today I got to:
1. Feed a hummingbird
2. Wash a duck (SOOO FUNNY/WET)
3. wave dead fish at a heron (he did not eat said fish so I looked silly)
4. Chase the wet duck around the room after she hopped out of her bath and refused to be dried off/caught
5. VERY tentatively held a red tailed hawk
6. Corned the duck, faked left, dodged right, and was outsmarted by the duck who then ran under a table and laughed (yes laughed)
7. Changed a tire

All and all a good first day. I will attempt to remember to update this when I am up at 6 every morning and covered in animal poo!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

hahahaha i didn't know you had a flat tire!!! good job love

sarahlucindaclark said...

wait, really? I don't remember there being median hitting, just driving the wrong way down the street...