Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall is My Favorite

Well here is a promised but quick post on meeting Jeff Corwin, which was less like meeting him and more like viewing him from far away in a room full of small children with severe ADD. It was fun anyway though because of Emily's child-like glee at each new creepy thing brought out (all reptiles and amphibians) and Meghan absolute disgust at the snakes (for pictures see facebook). Anyway it was interesting and he brought out a bunch of animals like a venomous Gaboon Viper and an American Alligator and then made small children hold them (again see facebook for pictures), and Emily got her book signed and a sneak attack photo with him. I also asked him about the lack of female nature show hosts and let him know that if he was looking for a co-host I was available...but I think it came off more creepy than I intended. Here is tiny, far-away Jeff Corwin:

Anyway, I then gave Emily a Crocodile Hunter action figure which SPEAKS and you can GO ON ADVENTURES with it, which she was pretty excited about :) but all the photos were taken on her camera, so I am waiting to see how ridiculous we looked playing with it. Then after bidding Emily farewell I went apple picking at Smolak Farm with Meghan, Sarah, Sarah's friend Andrew, and Sarah's apartment-mate Jacqueline. It was delicious and quite fun, and there was a table with squash and pumpkins and an empty space confusingly labeled "Pokemon":

Here are some pretty photos that almost make this post about nature. Two weeks to Connecticut!

1 comment:

Stephanie/Sproffee said...

WANT.

I miss trees and pumpkins and apple picking....